Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna
Strona glówna RECREC HomeFAQFAQSzukajSzukajUżytkownicyUżytkownicyGrupyGrupy RejestracjaRejestracja
ProfilProfilZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZalogujZaloguj
the defending champion Toronto Argonauts have to be

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> Moje miasto
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
ruogu1234

PostWysłany: 15 Sty 2020 08:55    Temat postu: the defending champion Toronto Argonauts have to be Odpowiedz z cytatem

ALAMEDA, Calif. - When George Atkinson IIIs name went uncalled through seven rounds of the NFL draft, there was no doubt where he would end up signing as an undrafted free agent. Despite offers from several teams, Atkinson ultimately signed with the team he was always destined to join, following his famous fathers footsteps to the Oakland Raiders. Now more than a quarter century after George Atkinson Jr. terrorized Lynn Swann and dozens of other NFL wide receivers as a hard-hitting safety with the Raiders, his son is trying to make the team as a backup running back and special teams contributor. "I had to turn a lot of teams down," the younger Atkinson said. "Right out of the gate, they were like, Dont go to the Raiders. I know you want to follow your heart but, weve got a spot for you here. But I know without a doubt this is the spot for me." Father and son knew this was a distinct possibility as the fifth round of the draft ended and no team had called. With two rounds remaining, they believed it might be better if the younger Atkinson wasnt drafted so he could make sure he could sign with the Raiders. While some sons might prefer to blaze their own trail in an organization with no connection to their father, the younger Atkinson had been waiting to put on a Raiders uniform ever since he was a kid. "Ive looked up to this organization and this club for a long time and there was no part of that going on with me," he said. "Ive looked up to my dad and wanted to follow in his footsteps but also lead my own trail at the same time. Youve got to find that balance and thats what Im trying to do right now." The elder Atkinson is a beloved member of the organization for his hard-hitting play that epitomized Oaklands style of play in the 1970s. He had 30 career interceptions and helped Oakland win its first Super Bowl following the 1976 season. He was most famous for his hits on Swann, which led former Steelers coach Chuck Noll to refer to him as part of the "criminal element" in football. He is now a broadcaster for the team but made a point of staying away from rookie minicamp last weekend. "He doesnt need that added pressure," the elder Atkinson said. "Hes learning a new game altogether. The pro ranks are a little bit different from high school and college. He needs time to focus on getting adjusted to the NFL. I dont need to be around. Its his time. I dont want to be a distraction to him and the team." The opportunity to play with the Raiders took out much of the sting of going undrafted after skipping his senior season at Notre Dame. In three years in college, the younger Atkinson rushed for 943 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also returned two kickoffs for scores as a freshman. "Its not all about how you come in, but how you leave," he said. "How you set your mark here in the league. You still have to make a team, drafted or undrafted." Atkinson is part of a crowded group of running backs that includes free-agent acquisition Maurice Jones-Drew, returning starter Darren McFadden and last years sixth-round pick, Latavius Murray. But Oakland is searching for a returner and Atkinson III brings one attribute none of the other players competing for a roster spot have. "I think hes a talented athlete and hes got a lot of speed," coach Dennis Allen said. "He has the ability to help us on special teams also. So, I think anytime a chance to get a legacy, somebody who has the Raider blood lines, ... those guys understand what it means to be a Raider. We were pleased that we were able to bring him in here." NOTES: The Raiders signed seventh-round S Jonathan Dowling and CB T.J. Carrie to four-year contracts. ... Oakland also signed free agent DE Denico Autry and waived DT David Carter. ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Vernon Davis Jersey . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. Wilbur Jackson Jersey . -- A.J. Burnett was happy to escape from New York. http://www.custom49ersjersey.com/custom-ahkello-witherspoon-jersey-large-3018d.html . It was the quickest three-goal sequence in Olympic history, with the latter two coming just eight seconds apart. Kessel, Lamoureux and Kendall Coyne all scored twice for the Americans, and Molly Schaus made 10 saves in her Sochi debut. Brent Jones Jersey . The time off didnt slow them down. Tyler Zeller scored a season-high 18 points and grabbed a career-best 15 rebounds, Kyrie Irving added 14 points and the Cavaliers pushed their winning streak to five games Tuesday night with a 114-85 victory over the skidding Philadelphia 76ers. John Brodie Jersey . Off-Season Game Plan examines a team facing some challenging times as GM Bryan Murray tries to put together a roster for next season. Perhaps the first challenge facing Murray is that its expected he will be moving out Jason Spezza, a premier point producer who is about to enter the final year of his contract.Its not often teams buy into trends or history to dictate future performances; just because it happened once - or even twice - doesnt guarantee itll happen again. The Saskatchewan Roughriders however, are likely hoping a recent trend continues for the 2013 season. The past two Grey Cup hosts - the BC Lions in 2011 and Toronto Argonauts in 2012 - have gone on to win the game in front of the home crowd. The 101st Grey Cup will be played in Saskatchewan and the Roughriders will be hoping they dont break the recent trend for host teams. The Riders have stocked up for their inevitable run this year, but will have to find a way past some stiff competition in West Division. The BC Lions had the best regular season record last year and are the oddsmakers favourites to hoist the Grey Cup this year, while the Calgary Stampeders, last years West representative in the champioonship game, could be even better with a healthy Drew Tate in 2013.dddddddddddd. Even the Edmonton Eskimos, with new QB Mike Reilly, have hopes of competing this year. Heading East, the defending champion Toronto Argonauts have to be considered the pre-season favourites to advance to a second-straight Grey Cup, but its a fools game to ever count out Anthony Calvillo and the Montreal Alouettes. Chris Williams or not, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have the offence to make some noise so long as they can figure out their defence and get accustomed to playing in Guelph for the year. And if Buck Pierce can stay healthy, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers could have an outside shot as well. Your! Call: On the eve of the regular season opener, who is the favourite to win the 2013 Grey Cup? Youve heard what weve had to say, now its your turn. As always, its Your! Call. ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> Moje miasto Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: