Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna
Strona glówna RECREC HomeFAQFAQSzukajSzukajUżytkownicyUżytkownicyGrupyGrupy RejestracjaRejestracja
ProfilProfilZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZalogujZaloguj
Now the Red Wings director of player development

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> Jak to robicie...
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Bellroll33

PostWysłany: 10 Sie 2019 04:51    Temat postu: Now the Red Wings director of player development Odpowiedz z cytatem

"Disbelief" is what former Detroit Red Wings defenceman Jiri Fischer felt upon learning the news of Rich Peverleys cardiac arrest on Monday night. Now the Red Wings director of player development, Fischer joined TSN 1050 on Tuesday to reflect on his own cardiac arrest that ended his career in 2005 and the road that lies ahead for Peverley. During a Nov. 21, 2005 game against the Nashville Predators, a then 25-year-old Fischer collapsed on the Detroit bench and fell into cardiac arrest. After being unconscious for six minutes, he was revived through CPR and the use of a defibrillator. Fischer never played again. Monday nights incident brought back vivid memories for Fischer. "When I compare the two [scenarios], after my cardiac arrest I watched it many times, it looks scarily similar and the way the staff reacted, leading with [Red Wings team physician] Tony Colucci, they saved my life," said Fischer. "The way Dallas staff saved Rich last night, it was impressive. They didnt hesitate. The urgency in saving his life without the panic. I really hope that anybody who goes through sudden cardiac arrest, that they get the same care. I know its wishful thinking, but I was really impressed with what theyve done in Dallas to save Richs life." Through Stars GM Jim Nill, a long time member of the Red Wings front office, Fischer got Peverleys contact information on Tuesday. Fischer said he made sure to ask Nill about how Peverleys wife was coping. "My fiancee went through the cardiac arrest with me and its hard," explained Fischer. "Its hard for everyone who loves the survivor. In my case, it was my fiancee and my parents being overseas and then flying over a couple days later. Its hard and its one thing to have to go through cardiac arrest, but its another thing when people who love us have to witness it. Its a feeling of hopelessness and really wanting to help and not being able to do anything. "Its life-changing, so I reached out to Rich and sent him a message. He wasnt available on the phone. (Back then) I didnt want to talk to anybody for days. Its chaos, so I hope that hes going to be okay and if we do chat, it will be great. It would be really nice." Fischer related that when he went through his cardiac arrest, it was one of the first of its kind in the sporting world and there wasnt much to go on in terms of comparables. In many ways, Fischers recovery and the decision to end his playing career were the first of its kind in the sport. "There wasnt a sample of a thousand professional athletes who had the same condition to say you should play, you shouldnt play, everything is fine or things are no good," said Fischer. "It was a gray area and I just wanted to play and I kept playing. Obviously, with having a pre-existing condition and then going through cardiac arrest, it was just no. That decision was made by medical personnel and I have a heart abnormality and, on paper, I never cleared it and I pushed it for years and years and years. Its been eight years later now and still, the heart hasnt changed. My playing days are over." Now 33, Fischer thinks back to the early days after his cardiac arrest and what was to become of his career and remembers becoming angered over something written by TSNs Bob McKenzie. "Ill never forget, Bob McKenzie had an article he wrote right after my cardiac arrest that Fischers career is over and hes never going to play again," said the Czech Republic native. "It made me angry. He was right. This guy was absolutely right. And me, the naive athlete, thinking that everything was going to be okay because people saved my life and Im going to go back to playing. That doesnt happen in reality. Obviously, like I said [Rich and I] are different, no two situations are the same, but I know one thing: when Tony saved my life, he didnt want to go through it again. I didnt want to go through it again and the decision was made and it was made pretty quickly." Still, Fischer thinks of all the good that has come of the fallout from his cardiac arrest and the lives that have been saved. "To me, its celebrating life," said Fischer. "Every tragedy is the start of something new. Its something different and something new. My incident started this whole avalanche of good things. The Heart and Stroke Foundation really got behind the cause and, eight years later, so many people have been saved because the Heart and Stroke Foundation viewed my incident as something that can help people down the road. Theyve placed thousands of defibrillators in public places throughout Canada and the same motions have happened through various foundations in the United States. Now there is a protocol for what needs to happen. Doctors from every NHL team, they need to be either around the locker room or really close by to the bench. Everybody in the NHL, every franchise, they have to have an external defibrillator as part of their medical equipment." While Peverleys situation has yet to be resolved, Fischer is again hopeful. "This is the second time around and, firstly, I really hope Rich is okay and at the same time I really hope that because this has generated so much interest, good things are going to come out of it again." Matt Milano Womens Jersey . Beckham finished 2 for 4, adding a double in the first inning. Chicago has won eight of 12 to get back to .500 (27-27). The White Sox are 6-3 against Cleveland this season after losing 17 of 19 to their American League Central rival in 2013. Mike Aviles went 1 for 2 with a walk and drove in Clevelands run. Thurman Thomas Bills Jersey .5 million contract, according to a person familiar with the deal. Hatcher agreed to terms Thursday, according to a person who spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract had not been signed. http://www.authenticbillsfanaticfootball.com/authentic-frank-gore-bills-jersey/ . Just ask Arsenal fans. However, Arsene Wenger has repeatedly told anyone willing to listen that finishing in that spot is more important than winning a cup competition. Jordan Poyer Bills Jersey . Nine-year veteran Danny Granger did not make his debut with the Clippers because of a technicality on the teams active list, which is signed by coach Doc Rivers before every game and relayed to the officials. Grangers name was printed by hand by a member of the public relations staff under the heading: "Updated Roster Additions," but the number on the sheet was not circled along with the other active players by the required deadline of 6:30 p. Ed Oliver Bills Jersey ." Also, defencemen "were found to be at a higher risk of suffering a concussion than other players, perhaps due to turning their back to retrieve pucks along the boards, which leaves them vulnerable.SEATTLE -- Marco Pappa, Chad Barrett and Obafemi Martins each scored second-half goals and the Seattle Sounders ended Real Salt Lakes season-opening unbeaten streak at 12 with a 4-0 victory Saturday in a game between the two top teams in Major League Soccer. Gonzalo Pineda also scored on a first-half penalty kick for the Sounders (9-3-2). Pappas goal was his first of the season. Barrett scored for the second straight game, giving him three goals for the year. Martins tallied his sixth. While Seattle won its MLS-high fifth straight home match, Salt Lake (6-1-6) fell for the first time, missing a chance to set an MLS record for longest unbeaten streak to start the year. Los Angeles (12-0 in 1996 and 10-0-2 in 2010) and Kansas City (10-0-2 in 2000) previously had 12-game season-opening undefeated streaks. Salt Lake also had an overall 16-game regular-season unbeaten streak (8-0-Cool end. RSL hadnt lost since last Sept. 21 at home against San Jose, 2-1. "We talked about it before the game that we wanted to break the streak and keep the record for a couple of people," Sounders head coach Sigi Schmid said. "But mainly, we talked about us being No. 1 going against No. 2, and we have to show what were made of. "As a group, were maturing, and to be able to step into a game between first place and second place and win and have a convincing result speaks volumes for our character." Pinedas penalty kick was set up when a loose ball in the RSL box was sent toward the left post. Lamar Neagle of the Sounders chased after it, and was pushed to the ground by Aaron Maund, Pineda then beat goalkeeper Jeff Attinella to the back left side midway tthrough the 42nd minute.dddddddddddd Pappas goal late in the 55th minute came off of a direct free kick, launched over a six-man wall from 23 yards away on the right side. Barrett made it 3-0 early in the 62nd minute with a 12-yard shot that went high into the net. Martins notched the final goal late in the 90th minute on a give-and-go with Kenny Cooper. With the upcoming World Cup shaking up MLS rosters, both teams were without key players. Among the Sounders missing was leading goal scorer Clint Dempsey (eight goals). That created an opportunity for Barrett, who started and scored for the second week in a row. "I talked to Sigi, and he said since Dempsey was going to be gone for World Cup, there were going to be opportunities to step in," Barrett said. "In the practice weeks leading up to it, I was going to make sure that my fitness was where it needed to be. Coming in here, once you get one, the goal just seems to get a little bit bigger every time." Real Salt Lake is the second-highest scoring team in MLS behind Seattle. But of those 23 goals, 14 were missing due to World Cup (two for Kyle Beckerman) or injury (six each for Alvaro Saborio and Joao Plata). "Its a tough place to play, and we dont have a full arsenal," coach Jeff Cassar said. "But I thought the guys out there did a very good job. I just told the guys to discount the third and fourth goals, because we were pushing and we knew we were going to be exposed at the back. "It was a fantastic run that we went on, but Im trying to make sure the team will react the same way I do: We have work to do, and its on to the next game." ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> Jak to robicie... Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: