Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna
Strona glówna RECREC HomeFAQFAQSzukajSzukajUżytkownicyUżytkownicyGrupyGrupy RejestracjaRejestracja
ProfilProfilZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZalogujZaloguj
/www.Giantsjerseyproshop.com/

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> Co jeszcze...?
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
liny195

PostWysłany: 06 Lis 2019 02:35    Temat postu: /www.Giantsjerseyproshop.com/ Odpowiedz z cytatem

EAST RUTHERFORD Youth George Asafo-Adjei Jersey , N.J. (AP) — The New York Giants finally found an heir apparent to Eli Manning and a couple potential starters for the defense in their first NFL draft with three first-round picks.The Giants stunned many at the NFL draft by taking quarterback Daniel Jones of Duke at sixth overall, before selecting Clemson tackle Dexter Lawrence with the 17th pick overall and grabbing Georgia cornerback Deandre Baker with a late trade with Seattle for the 30th selection overall.“It’s a wonderful thing when needs met value,” general manager Dave Gettleman said after the round.In the weeks leading up to the draft, many prognosticators felt the Giants would fill the defensive needs with the sixth pick and then turn their attention to quarterback at No. 17, the pick they got from Cleveland by trading wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., perhaps targeting Dwayne Haskins of Ohio State or Drew Lock of Missouri.Gettleman had other thoughts. He first took Jones, who threw for 8,201 yards and 52 touchdowns in three years starting for Duke after joining the program as a walk-on.“We drafted a quarterback who we feel is a franchise quarterback,” Gettleman said, saying he had a strong conviction about Jones since the Senior Bowl and he was not going to risk losing him by waiting until No. 17.New York grabbed the 342-pound Lawrence with the second choice in the round and then made a late trade getting Baker, who won the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation’s best defensive back last year.New York sent three picks to Seattle, a second rounder (No. 37), a fourth rounder (No. 132) and a fifth rounder (No. 142).New York failed to get a pass rusher. They do not have a second-round pick and won’t pick again until No. 95 overall Womens George Asafo-Adjei Jersey , late in the third round. They also need a safety and an offensive tackle.Jones probably will spend his first season being an understudy for Manning, who is now 38 and in the final year of his $84 million contract.Gettleman spoke with Manning after making the pick and told him: “It’s your job, let’s roll.”Jones said he would be comfortable learning from Manning.“Physically, I think I can make every throw on the field,” said Jones, who also ran for 1,323 yards and 17 touchdowns in his college career. “My accuracy is a strength of mine and I have the athleticism to extend plays. I play outside the pocket if I need to. Physically, I can do both those things well.”Jones was developed by David Cutcliffe, the same coach who groomed both Peyton and Eli Manning in college.Jones said he needs to improve his understanding of when to throw the ball away or dump it off to a back.Before the draft, Gettleman said he was in favor of using the Kansas City model in developing a new quarterback. The Chiefs hit a jackpot with Patrick Mahomes, letting him learn under Alex Smith until giving him the starting job last season. The general manager even noted Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers waited three years before replacing Brett Favre.The Giants, who had won eight games in the past two years, have made the playoffs once since winning the Super Bowl in February 2012.Lawrence is massive in the middle Authentic George Asafo-Adjei Jersey , much like Snacks Harrison, who New York traded to Detroit during last season. While Lawrence was a force in the middle for the national champions, Gettleman said he can be a pass rusher, noting a foot injury slowed him the past two seasons.Lawrence was suspended for last season’s College Football Playoff for failing an NCAA test for performance-enhancing drugs. He said Thursday night he was innocent. Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said in February that it’s possible the team could have unknowingly given him a supplement with the drug, though the school and NCAA were investigating.“I feel like my game is very powerful, a smart player, non-quit effort kind of guy,”Lawrence said. “That’s just my mindset every play, and how I want to attack every snap.”Baker is steady, tough and disruptive. He also did not give up a touchdown catch in the last two seasons.“The last guy we traded up for we feel was the best cover corner in the draft,” Gettleman said.When asked about having two interceptions last season, Baker said it’s hard to get picks when opposing quarterbacks don’t test him. There were several points during the 2018 season when Giants head coach Pat Shurmur was asked after losses why the team didn’t get the ball to running back Saquon Barkley more often, so there was a familiarity to the way his media sessions went on Sunday and Monday.Barkley ran 11 times and caught six passes over 66 offensive plays for the Giants in a 35-17 loss to the Cowboys. Those carries included a 59-yard jaunt on the second play from scrimmage and the overall work load produced 139 of the 306 yards that the Giants produced on Sunday afternoon.Barkley got the ball seven times in the first half and Shurmur said that the way the Cowboys controlled the ball for much of the half left fewer chances for the back than he would have liked.“It’s always good to keep him involved throughout George Asafo-Adjei Jersey Boys , but the way the first half, and I know that was a question last night as well, the way the first half played out, it was only four possessions,” Shurmur said. “A couple reasons for it, they controlled the ball on us by making their third downs. We didn’t convert and again we had the one drive we got down there and got stopped and we have to do a better job of when we get down there, getting points and that changes things. You don’t go into it thinking he isn’t going to touch the ball, that’s just how that first half played out.”Barkley got the ball a few more times on a field goal drive to open the third quarter, but the Giants opted to give the ball to Elijhaa Penny on a third-and-2 while down 28-10 on the next drive. Penny was stuffed and Eli Manning lost a fumble on the next play to all but close out the competitive portion of the proceedings.Using Barkley there might not have changed the final outcome, but it will always be worth asking why the Giants don’t try to get more out of their top player.
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> Co jeszcze...? Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: