Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna
Strona glówna RECREC HomeFAQFAQSzukajSzukajUżytkownicyUżytkownicyGrupyGrupy RejestracjaRejestracja
ProfilProfilZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZalogujZaloguj
EDMONTON - Theyve got three of their own No. 1 draft picks o

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> System
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
carrie567

PostWysłany: 13 Sie 2019 03:22    Temat postu: EDMONTON - Theyve got three of their own No. 1 draft picks o Odpowiedz z cytatem

EDMONTON - Theyve got three of their own No. 1 draft picks on their roster but its a former St. Louis Blues first-round selection who has quietly emerged as the Edmonton Oilers leading scorer. Edmonton picked up David Perron from St. Louis last summer, and the 2007 first-round selection, despite missing four games with a neck injury, has 12 goals and 25 points for the Oilers (10-18-3, 23 points). Whats more, the 25-year-old is just one of three players on the squad not on the negative side of the plus-minus rating. "Its only 25-30 games so I dont want to go ahead of schedule," said the native of Sherbrooke, Que. "I want to keep going, keep working hard and help this team. "I like the way its going lately with the team and with a lot of the individual play so we have to keep it up." But Edmonton first-year coach Dallas Eakins said Perron is more than just an offensive player. The Oilers landed Perron from the Blues for Swedish-born forward Magnus Paajarvi and a 14 second-round pick. "I love his competitiveness," Eakins said. "As much skill as he has, hes got that little bit of nasty in him." Eakins adds the seven-year veteran has wasted no time becoming a leader in the dressing room. However, the six-foot, 198-pound Perron admits hes frustrated with the Oilers inconsistent play this season. "I dont know if its a roller coaster but thats not the way were trying to build," said Perron. "I know its frustrating for everybody but were trying not to get on that roller coaster. "Were trying to stay on an even keel. Were trying to find that good balance." Thats been difficult for an Edmonton team thats alternated wins with losses over its last eight games. The Oilers continue their five-game homestand Tuesday night hosting the Carolina Hurricanes. At no time, perhaps, was their inconsistency more evident than their two games last week — a 6-2 loss to Phoenix on Tuesday, then an 8-2 win over Colorado on Thursday. The Oilers followed that up with a 2-1 overtime loss to Calgary and the frustration of being unable to score led to another breakdown in the system that resulted in a lot of unsuccessful individual play. "I dont know if its a case of (players) saying it doesnt matter what the system is, Im going to do it myself but theres just too many turnovers," said Perron, who is third on the team in penalty minutes. "Its probably throughout the year some of these guys are so good its almost like, and Im guilty of it once and while also, that you want to show you can take care of the game, you want to step up and be the difference maker. "I know we want to make plays but we have to be smart and keep plays going." And that means shooting more rather than trying to make an abundance of fancy passes. Perron has taken a team-high 98 shots so that wouldnt appear to be an issue for him. "My first two years when Andy Murray was my coach (in St. Louis), he was saying Youre selfish when you dont shoot the puck because the team needs you to shoot the puck, " said Perron. "The first couple of years I was like, what is he talking about? "But sometimes it does make sense. When you overpass it when you have a lane to shoot, whats the point? You have to put it there (on net)." Perron scored 13, 15 and 20 goals his first three NHL campaigns before injuries restricted him to just 115 games from 2010 to 13. Still, he had a career-best 21 goals in 57 contests with the Blues in 2011-12. Perron said while many of the young Oilers are great playmakers, they also have greats shots that they dont make enough use of. "When (Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) has the puck and hes on a 2-on-1, I know hes going to try to make a play," Perron said. "But if he sees something he has to try to go for it." Garrett Bradbury Womens Jersey . -- Wide receiver Sidney Rice should be fully recovered from a torn knee ligament by the time the Seattle Seahawks start defence of their Super Bowl title, general manager John Schneider said Wednesday. Alan Page Jersey . -- All-Pro tight end Jimmy Graham and the New Orleans Saints met Tuesday for arbitration on his contract. http://www.thevikingsshoponline.com/Youth-Randy-Moss-Vikings-Jersey/. -- Chris Jones and Louisville have done a tremendous job protecting the basketball this season and thats led to easy victories. Chris Doleman Vikings Jersey . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Garrett Bradbury Vikings Jersey . -- Kevin Harvick pulled away on a restart with 47 laps to go and ended Chase Elliotts two-race winning streak in NASCARs Nationwide Series with a dominating victory early Saturday at Richmond International Raceway.As an elite athlete and Olympic gold medallist, how did you make the transition to sports broadcaster?Well, the camera never scared me – I always enjoyed doing interviews and tried to have fun with them. And when an opportunity presents itself, I like to dive at it head-first. When I was competing on Battle of the Blades, [I was asked] to come in for a screen test with Leafs TV. It was something I was interested in, so I immediately decided to jump at it. I fell in love with the job the second they put that mic in my hand, and Ive worked hard every day trying to get better. Its my new passion.How does your experience in sports shape your perspective on what athletes go through?Being an athlete is a privilege, its not something I took for granted. And its something that allows me to connect with and relate to other athletes as theyre competing at the top level. Having been able to play at such a high level, Ive seen a lot of fantastic athletes and the way they prepare. You can relate with steps theyre walking through: going over shifts in their mind, or even calming their nerves [in the clutch]. And the quality that all competitive athletes have in common is the fact that we all want to be perfect. Thats what we strive for, even though its never really attainable. So I understand that feeling, and I empathize with them. Youre well known as an Olympic hockey player, but do you play any other sports?I was most focused on hockey and soccer up until I went to college, and I ended up having to choose one, because you cant play both. But in high school I played flag football, softball, basketball, cross country, track and field, soccer, and of course hockey. I just enjoy competing, and I think it was also a cheap excuse to get out of class sometimes!One other sport Im passionate about: I recently fell in love with my road bike. Ive got the need for speed. Oh, and I also play tennis with friends for fun. By no means am I Serena Williams, though in my head sometimes I do think I hit as hard as she does!You were a panelist for womens hockey broadcasts on TSN during the Sochi Olympics. What was it like covering a team you played for?Those are my best friends – theyre my sisters. I spent years training with them. Weve laughed together, cried together, won together, and learned together. So to step in and cover it was an emotional experience, having just been released from the team. It was also a great learning experience for me. I wanted to give not only the Canadian women but the sport of womens hockey the best possible coverage, because I think they deserve it. I put a lot of pressure on myself to come up with unique points to break down the game differently, not only to show how skilled these athletes are, but to teach the viewer about our sport, because its a little different from the mens game. Due to the no body contact rules, its a speed and finesse game. It made me proud to be able to talk about my friends, not only from Canada, but the USA, Finland, Sweden, Swiitzerland, and more.dddddddddddd To share their stories with the rest of Canada, and to let viewers know how much attention they deserve.Youre also part of the Champions network with the Special Olympics, how did you get involved with it?It was actually through Jamie Salé. I got to know her through Battle of the Blades, and she was so helpful and patient – I dont know if Id have been able to half the things on that show if it werent for her. She reached out to me and asked if Id be interested in helping out. Im an honourary chair with Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer, and this was another chance to give back and stay involved with the athletic community, so it was an easy decision. Weve got a really good team in place, and there are many events to come.Who were your sports heroes growing up?As a kid, you always look up to your parents. My mom played baseball. She was a rover, and she had a hot glove. And my dad played hockey at the collegiate level and junior level in Sudbury. My dad coached a college team, the Cambrian College Golden Shields, and I lived at the rink, watching them play. So my dads hockey players were my first true hockey idols. They were a big, tough team, and it helped shape my game. I wasnt the biggest, but I played mean.When womens hockey emerged with the Womens World Championship in 1990, there was one player who I played a lot like, and that was Geraldine Heaney. She came to Sudbury one year to my dads hockey school, so I actually got to play with my idol at the age of 12. She snapped a picture with me wearing her silver medal from Nagano, and I knew immediately that the Olympics was something I was prepared to do anything for. Whats your favourite sports team?I went to college at Ohio State University, so Im a Buckeye. I bleed scarlet and grey through and through. Aaron Ward tries to make fun of me about it, but his Michigan Wolverines have a hard time standing up to the Buckeyes. Ohio State-Michigan football games are the best: I remember one game at the end of the year we beat them 52-49, and I rushed the field with everyone and ripped out part of the 50-yard line. We planted it in our front yard at the house I lived in.Youre currently hosting TSNs French Open Primetime broadcasts, who are some players youre looking forward to covering at the tournament?Well, I think Roger Federer owns the title of most talented, but Novak Djokovic is the most entertaining tennis player out there. I always like watching him because he brings lightheartedness to the game. He pushes the envelope of traditional tennis etiquette. And of course the young Canadian players: Eugenie Bouchard is so young and so talented, and Milos Raonic is just waiting for his breakthrough moment. This is the first tennis tournament Ive covered, and if he does well, obviously I must have had something to do with it, right? Maybe that will be my claim to fame.Tessa Bonhomme hosts French Open Primetime, airing every evening of the tournament on TSN. Visit TSN.ca for full schedule info. ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> System Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: