Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna
Strona glówna RECREC HomeFAQFAQSzukajSzukajUżytkownicyUżytkownicyGrupyGrupy RejestracjaRejestracja
ProfilProfilZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZalogujZaloguj
Everything you need to know for the final day of the draft&q

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> System
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
liny195

PostWysłany: 14 Sty 2020 06:44    Temat postu: Everything you need to know for the final day of the draft&q Odpowiedz z cytatem

On Day 1 the New York Giants made most of their selections after selecting quarterback Daniel Jones Authentic Deandre Baker Jersey , defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence, and cornerback DeAndre Baker. To secure Baker the Giants traded back into the first round, surrendering a second, fourth, and fifth-round pick. For that reason they only had one selection in the end of the third round which ended up being EDGE defender Oshane Ximines from Old Dominion. On the final day of the draft the Giants have six selections over the remaining four rounds.Draft coverage for rounds 4-7 begin at noon on Saturday. You can watch on ABC, ESPN, NFL Network and streaming on NFL.com/watch. You can also stream on fuboTV.Chris Slayton closes out the draftThe Giants’ final selection of the 2019 NFL Draft (245th overall)was Syracuse defensive lineman Chris Slayton (full post here). Slayton had 15 quarterback hits, 3.5 sacks and 8.0 tackles for loss in 2018.Offensive Line in the seventhThe Giants took an offensive lineman with their first seventh-round pick (232nd overall), George Asafo-Adjei from Kentucky (full post here).Asafo-Adjei tested as a 55th percentile athlete from his Pro Day after he was not invited to the combine. Per Pro Football Focus allowed two sacks on 283 pass blocking snaps in 2018. Another corner with Corey BallentineFor the third time in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Giants took a cornerback. This time it was Corey Ballentine out of Washburn (full post here). Ballentine is a phenomenal athlete. He ran a 4.47 at the combine and tested in the 95th percentile among NFL cornerbacks per SPARQ with the longest broad jump at the position.Giants go wide receiver with Darius SlaytonWith the 171st overall pick, their second in the fifth-round Deandre Baker Jersey Boys , the Giants added another wide receiver to the rotation, Auburn’s Darius Slayton (full pick here). He’s a potential burner (4.39 40 at the combine). His overall production isn’t impressive — 661 yards on 71 targets in 2018 — but when adjusting for the rest of the Auburn offense, he looks better with 2.73 Target Yards Added.Ryan Connelly the first pick in the fifthWisconsin linebacker Ryan Connelly was the Giants’ first fifth-round pick, 142nd overall (full story here). Connelly tested as a slightly above average athlete at the combine (4.66 40 and 59th SPARQ percentile). He was a relatively heavy blitzer (22.5 percent) with an impressive pressure rate (21.4 percent), per Sports Info Solutions. He also has a fairly interesting coverage split:Giants draft Julian LoveWith the 108th selection, the Giants’ first fourth-round pick, they took cornerback Julian Love from Notre Dame (full story here). We had Love with a second-round grade on the Big Blue View Big Board. During his career at Notre Dame, Love had 39 passes defensed and last season he allowed a 45.9 percent completion percentage for just 5.3 yards per target, Per Sports Info Solutions.Giants considered moving up for XiminesAs Friday night’s third round unfolded, the Giants considered trading up a few spots from No. 95 for EDGE defender Oshane Ximines. Ultimately, GM Dave Gettleman stayed where he was.“As the board was breaking Infant Deandre Baker Jersey , we started talking with about 14 or 15 picks left,” Gettleman said. “Bottom line is, we were thinking about trading up, but I said no, we’ll hold our water because I didn’t want to give up our four (fourth-round pick) or two fives (fifth-round pick) for tomorrow, because of what our board looks like. So, he was a target for sure.”[Full story]Here are all of the picks the Giants have on Day 3:Round 4No. 108 Round 5No. 143No. 171Round 6No. 180Round 7No. 232 (from Minnesota Vikings)No. 245 (from Los Angeles Rams)Be sure to follow Big Blue View on Twitter and Instagram to get live updates from the draft Let’s answer a few last-minute questions"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17New York Giants NewsBig Blue View mailbag: Draft day editionNew,43commentsLet’s answer a few last-minute questionsEDTShareTweetShareShareBig Blue View mailbag: Draft day editionThere are still, as I type this, a few hours before the 2019 NFL Draft gets underway. I have received a few stray questions for the BBV Mailbag that won’t be valid post-draft Deandre Baker Jersey Draft , so to kill some time let’s do an abbreviated mailbag.Billy McAdams asks: What will happen if Dave Gettleman does a terrible job in this draft? He seems to be pretty cocky with his latest comments. Please don’t tell me look at last years draft ... Anyone with half a brain would have grabbed Barkley, and Hernandez ... so far this year he has made a lot of people scratching there heads ... well to the point where people who had hair don’t anymore ... my goodness Collins , OBJ ????? Anyway if he flops will he keep his job?Ed says: Bill, I sympathize about the hair. If you’re like me, at least no matter what happens tonight you don’t have hair to pull out. Anyway, listen Gettleman’s job is not on the line tonight. I know we all rush to judgment, and we will, but the general rule of thumb is that it takes three seasons to really know how good a draft class is. So, how will we really know immediately how good of a job Gettleman does, or doesn’t do? I have written multiple times that this is a critical draft for the Giants. Despite Gettleman telling me he does not feel any added pressure, he understands the opportunity he has here. He created it by stocking up with 12 draft picks Deandre Baker NFL Jersey , two in the first round. He knows he needs to find some difference-making talent, and he knows he needs to be right no matter what he decided to do about quarterback.John Mara isn’t going to wake up Monday after the draft, decide he didn’t like what Gettleman did, and fire him. To be honest, I have always figured that Gettleman and Pat Shurmur would be given at least three seasons to get the Giants straightened out. As of now, I don’t see any reason to change that viewpoint.Seth Weissman asks: Why do you think so many people are saying that the Giants must draft a QB this year or Gettleman will have failed as a GM? I have not heard anything about the Chargers or the Steelers needing to draft a QB. Do people think Eli has regressed so much more than Rivers or Roethlisberger that the Giants are doomed to fail while the other franchises will be just fine? It doesn’t quite make sense to me.Ed says: Seth, I think that is a two-fold answer. I think Giants fans are tired of the losing, having missed the playoffs six of seven seasons. I think quarterbacks always get too much blame, and there have always been people who didn’t believe in Eli Manning even when he was winning Super Bowl MVPs. Something new sounds good, it changes the narrative, it would give down-trodden fans something to be hopeful about.All of that said Deandre Baker NFL Draft , if the Giants don’t love a guy in this class and they do love one or two in the 2020 class — something I think is absolutely possible — then you wait. Remember, rookie quarterbacks drafted in the first round are often getting on the field in their first seasons. So, the whole “Kansas City Model” isn’t a mandate.Dan Nugent asks: Do you think Gettleman and the Giants have lost all faith in Kyle Lauletta over his arrest and being late to practice? Also where do you thing Lauletta would rank in comparison to this years draft class? If he was in it this year, would the Giants still take him in the 4th round?Ed says: No, Dan, I don’t think the Giants have lost “all” faith in Lauletta. If that was the case they would have cut him. That said, I do think Lauletta’s rookie season wasn’t ideal. Gettleman has said a number of times that being the quarterback for the Giants is about more than physical skills, and Lauletta’s arrest and the possibility that it might not have been an isolated incident makes you wonder if he is a guy you can hand the keys to your franchise. As for where Lauletta would fit in this draft class, I really don’t know. I would anticipate he would still be a Day 3 selection.
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum REC Revealing Enterprise Strona Główna -> System Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1

Skocz do: